Saturday 24 October 2020

Visit to Sarnia

Don and Jim discuss railroading awaiting the CIL job's power heading to the shop.

Last weekend I contacted Don Janes, Jim Sloan and Peter Mumby about meeting up at the Sarnia VIA station for a social distancing get together. Peter could not make it. So on Monday I followed the CN main line from Strathroy to Sarnia in the rain. I did catch a CN EB at Kerwood. Once at the VIA station most of the action was transfer jobs coming and going out the CIL spur behind the roundhouse. We did photograph two of the three movements. I guess we should have met in the wye area as we did not see any mainline runs through the tunnel. We each brought something to show and tell...so a mini RPM meet of sort. We might be able to squeeze one more in before the snow gets heavy this year...George Dutka

CN eastbound at Kerwood, Ont. in the rain on Oct. 19, 2020

The EB at Kerwood had 5 of these ex-B&M hoppers in tow.

The CSX transfer job which was a good size uses a CN engine in the consist. It had arrived before we had but we caught it on its way to the CIL spur.

Don and Jim discuss Jim's Walthers built which Jim posted about last week on his blog. What Jim likes about the structure is it is a block wall build.

One of Jim's engine creations.
 
The rain began once again so Don and I set up our displays in the trunk of my PT Cruiser. Don's Rapido RS rebuild is in the foreground. I brought along my B&M switcher and a couple of small FOS structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment