Friday 9 October 2020

A Barn Diorama

The barn used in the scene is an Alder models kit. Much of the details are Juneco.

When I rebuilt my WRJ yard a barn and pumpkin patch had to be removed. I cut it out carefully mounting the scene on a piece of Gatorfoam for future use and displays. It has worked well for photo ops also. Check out the Nov. 2020 RMC to see what I am talking about...George Dutka 

It took me sometime to track down a producer of pumpkins in HO scale. This group of photos focus up close at the patch.

The figures are from Woodland Scenic and the fence is scratch-built.




2 comments:

  1. Hey George, I'm curious about the use of white for your barn. Is it based on a prototype? From what era? Thanks, Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rene:
    The barn is not based on a prototype or for a certain era. I have done a few red barns for my layout which are really common in New England and wanted a change in the scene. I had noted a few white barns on my visits to Vermont which I believe to be dairy barns. I kind of liked the looks of them so this one is my rendition...George

    ReplyDelete