Sunday 24 April 2022

Spring This and That!

My ITLA tool shed in place with a few details added.

Winter and early spring are normally my busy time modeling but with family health issue nothing has been normal and nothing has been done since early January. 

I pushed recently to accomplish something even if it is only minor to finish off the winter early spring modeling season. Detailing the area around my ITLA tool shed in Bellows Falls yard could be done in short order. It was a simple project that I completed in less than an hour which seems to be all the time I have had lately. After this project I found small accomplishments can make one feel good. Maybe I will look for another one...George Dutka

It is April 20, 1990 and I think this was on the way to a Rutland Ry Historical Society convention. Warren Dodgson and I stopped by the Bellows Falls yard where I spent some time taking a few measurements and detailed photos of old equipment. Warren Dodgson photo.

That is my father in law on the right Jake Milette CN master mechanic with Ernie who is his counterpart on the GTW. This was during the initial runs of London crewed trains running through the Detroit tunnel and onto the GTW trackage all the way to ex DTI's Flat Rock yard.

Once again a view of my father in law in CN newsletter Keeping Track sitting at the controls in the new comfort cabs. Oh and they spelt his name wrong. I never found these engine with the desk top controls very comfortable or easy to operated especially while switching. If I had an option I would change it out to a trailing unit. I have a story for another day about a defective brake control on one of these engines when they were brand new.

Another view of Bellows Falls and the tool shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment