Monday 14 October 2024

October 2024 - Road Trip

When in Michigan I always like stopping at Hobby Lobby to check out the craft paints and brushes. I realized Anita's paints are not here anymore but I found some interesting colors to try.
I have done a couple of road trips this month. One to Michigan to drop off the creamery I built and another east of Toronto to visit a few places I have never been before railfanning along the way. On the trip out east I built in time to visit with my friend Paul Hurly and stop by the Kitchener train show and South Simcoe Ry. on day one. On my way home I stopped in at George's Trains which I have not been to in maybe 10 years. I also visited Credit Valley hobby shop as it was not far off my track. A well rounded trip I think with a good amount of railfanning, visiting train museums, a station art gallery, a train show and hobby shops. More on my stops throughout the month...George Dutka 

At Credit Valley they had these Rapido boxcars drastically reduced in price...so picked up two.

Did not know that Tichy had work car decals...I think these might work out well on some of my work train fleet...found at Credit Valley.
My day started with an early morning visit last Sunday morning with Paul Hurly. Over a cup of coffee Paul showed me his layout which is double decked and will reflect operations on the TH&B.

I have not been to George's train in the Toronto area in a decade. 

I noted they carry Scenic Express ballast which I normally can only find at Springfield. Good to know it is in the area as the ballast works well. They also had a nice selection of used still to be built craftsman railroad kits in stock at a reasonable price.

George's Trains is a stone throw from Rapido trains office and warehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment