Friday 19 October 2012

Dealer's - Fine Scale Model Railroader Expo 2012

This years show kit. This particular display was auctioned off at the Saturday evening banquet. The dinner was served in an open area in the Pennsylvania Ry Museum. Don and I sat right next to a great looking GG1.
 The Vendors Tables
 A great display of craftsman kits and details
Last weekend Don Janes and I attended the Fine Scale Model Railroader Expo in Lancaster, Pa. This is the second show for me and the first for Don. We met up with Marty McGuirk on Friday spending some time together on Friday evening and Saturday. Don and I registered on Thursday evening getting the now traditional yellow bag loaded with flyer's, booklets, a video and free stuff coupons. The coupons found in our bags added up to a lot of interesting modelling parts and kits while visiting the vendors tables. When we finally got our haul of freebies, there was at least $100 worth of goodies. Most of the vendors did attend last years show and I was glad to see them back. We did visit all the tables numerous times over the two days. By the second afternoon we decided to enjoy the afternoon chasing the steam engines at Strasburg. I think if we stayed any longer at the show we both would have had to mortgage our homes. I have included a few general photos from the vendors tables which gives you an idea what one would have seen...George Dutka

Nich and Nora Designs not only offered kits but some nice details. Don and I purchased a 1950's  ice machine.

Sea Port Models Work display shelf had a nice selection of boat kits.

Laser Modeling 3 has a new offering this year based on a coal company in Medina, NY.
An overall view...one of two Bar Mills Models display shelf.

Clare Gilbert of Sylvan Scale Models had a nice selection of car and truck kits on display.We had a nice visit with Clare.

And the BEST for last...all of BEST kits are seen nicely built and well displayed. I purchased the new feed mill kit at about the time Marty McGuirk decided to purchased the NH general store for his layout. Don and I really liked that general store kit but we just could not think of a location that it would fit on either layout...I am thinking I need a bigger layout...all three of us loaded up on more than we needed BEST casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment