Saturday 17 November 2018

Trainfest 2018 - A Second Look

NFR member Peter working at our tables on making trees. He also did a clinic on his technique and one of four clinics done by NFR members. One problem was Peter ran out of wire before his second clinic presentation requiring a run over to the lumber yard.
There was a lot to see at this years Trainfest and I thought I would share a few more views of what I saw last weekend...George Dutka

N scale in a suitcase.
N scale in a cake tray...now that layout can be taken for a ride almost anywhere on your lap.

Model Railroader featured layout. They bring one each year to the show.
Another angle of the MR layout.
A look at my work station. I brought along my drop-in's from MRP issue this year and also my article in the NMRA magazine featuring before and after models. More on my projects that I worked on shortly.
A lot of the Trainfest show is geared towards family's and in particular children. This one area has two make and take kits that they could purchase for a fraction of the retail price and assemble at the show with guidance. Many kids return each year for another structure for their layout.
One of the many scenes found on modular layouts.
Another world of railroading. There was an endless supply of trains and trackage. They also had a setup that kids could play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment