Saturday 13 April 2019

Early Spring Update

In the B&M WRJ yard an Alco switcher appears to prepare a CP train, July 26 1974 Bruce Nelson photo.
My modeling season is near the end although it feels like it really never got going this past winter. Family commitments are finally under control to some degree. I still have a lot of material to cover and am planning another week of New England posts next week followed by a full week of model and prototype structure inspirations later in the month...so check back regularly over the next few weeks.

I just received an e-mail from Kevin Smith regarding Robertson Paper in Bellows Falls. The structure is being demolished as it was beyond repair. See the link below...George Dutka


https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Demolition-of-Bellows-Falls-paper-mill-underway-
508265201.html

While cleaning out my mom's house I came across a box of old photos that belonged to my grandmother. That's me at my grandmothers house in the beaches area of Toronto when I was laid off in London and working the spareboard in Toronto. I am guessing this is 1979 or 1980 as I have the gold band on my hat. Must have been heading out as a conductor or assistant conductor on my next run.
This is one of two craftsman kits I worked on and did finish this past winter. It is for my waterfront diorama. I will be covering this project on my narrow gauge blog...link found on the sidebar.
A closeup look at the deck of the fish house. The lobster traps are brass etchings offered by RailroadKITS...more on these on my narrow gauge blog.
Old time B&M plow end view. No available details or dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment