Saturday 8 June 2019

Jason Fontaine's Southern New England RR

This view is one of several urban scene's on Jason's layout

A Return Visit To A Great Model RR....by Don Janes

     Last Sunday George and I took in a couple of layouts after the NERPM.  This one belonged to Jason Fontaine. Both of us have been to Jason's layout in the past but it is always changing and I thought it deserved another look. Jason and his wife Pam are gracious hosts and make everyone feel welcome.  Jason is always willing to share his modelling techniques and Pam likes to point out various details around the layout.  She is very involved with the layout and takes a great interest in the hobby.
     Jason is a master modeller and his work shows it.  Whether it is an urban scene or rural setting his work is amazing. I feel Jason's urban scenes are second to none. Since George has covered Jason's layout in previous posts I won't go on about it so just sit back and take in some of Jason's great work in the following photos. I am sure they will inspire you as much as they inspire me to do better.
 
This is a great looking scene on Jason's layout.  I like the various elevations and various components that he has worked into this very detailed scene.

Jason and Pam both love Harley's so it seems only natural to add a Harley dealer to the layout.

Here is another of Jason's great urban scenes. The attention to detail is amazing.  I was really happy to see that consist of CN GMD-1's in the yard
I liked this scene because I have the same fire station on my layout.  I liked the way Jason lays out his city scenes. Wide roads with room for parking and a nice variety of structures.  The fire engine on the left is a Sylvan Models vehicle.
Another view of those CN GMD-1's
I I have always liked this SRMW structure and how Jason finished the scene. I do worry about those two in that canoe getting a little close to the dam though.
I think every layout in New England and some I know of here in Ontario has a rendition of the old stone mill structure. 
The engine terminal is a busy place servicing both steam and diesel power.
George and Jason take a second to pose for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment