Saturday 23 May 2020

Snapshot - May 2020

OSR March 7, 2000 at Ingersoll. I may have been working the Ingersoll  Cami CN switcher at that time.
This months Snapshot is scans of slides and prints I took in Ingersoll, Ontario. I was looking for a ramp photo from across the tracks from the station...I guess I found a lot more...George Dutka

CN  7038-7027 the power for the CN Cami Ingersoll switcher on Sept. 28th 1998. This looks like early morning when I would have showed up for the shift. We used the old section house for our office at that time. It is across the tracks from the power. The station is abandoned by then. Note the yard is full of multi's that we would switch out and run over to the Cami yard on the CPR. One can see the loading ramp next to the power.
The CN Ingersoll switcher 7038-7027 laying over on Sept 28, 1998. I would have been the engineman on that day. Note the loading ramp next to the power. It would have been made from bridge timbers. I may have taken this photo at the end of the shift.
This was the last time Peter Mumby and I got together railfanning. We had just left Gary Pemblton's home after a visit and saw the OSR heading over to the CN interchange. We hung around for the return movement. March 16, 2020.
I was able to get a second view with the OSR hi-rail posed out on the mainline by just standing back a bit and zooming out the lens.
Gotta take a last look at that Alco smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment