Sunday 10 January 2021

Hindsight 20/20 6.0

Neil Schofield presented a part one of how he built his round barn scene. So why is the clinic called a barn entrance...well he built this module in front of a doorway on rollers.

Yesterday I attended a portion of  Hindsight 20/20 6.0 which is a craftsman or RPM style meet done on Zoom. I don't know a lot about Zoom as I had only been on it for WOD meetings. It was easy to log on and the clinics were good. Two New England modeling friends gave clinics so that was a plus. I also am interested in the SR&RL two foot gauge railroad and seeing a garden layout in a large scale was neat too. There will be another one next month, so check it out. Sorry about the quality of the photos I took them with my phone of the computer screen in my workshop...George Dutka


Large scale SR&RL railroading.

Neil Schofield views of what he built. He mentioned it took a week to build the round barn but three weeks to build the home which appears to be an easier build.

Jim Dufour has a very nice layout that I have visited in the past. What he talked about was all the granite block structures that are found along the B&M line he models. I always thought his blocks were cast plaster but to my surprise they are made of resin.


The closing view of Jim's presentation with two of his granite block builds.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, George. Yesterday's lineup of Hindsight 20/20 clinics was indeed a good one!
    By the way, readers of your blog who would like to join the Hindsight 2020 group on groups.io have an opportunity to view my entire presentation on modeling cut granite block infrastructure. After joining it can be found in the Files section on the Hindsight 2020 group's site.
    https://groups.io/g/Hindsight2020/
    -Jim Dufour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim
    Thanks for the link and your great presentation...George

    ReplyDelete
  3. George, I'm very interested on how that round barn is built, I decided to build the 16 sided barn which is located in Morrisville VT, I think ! a kit of this barn is now available. You're information on your site is always right on the mark. JOHN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, good to hear from you. There will be a part two next month and Neil does answer questions. I will post their ad once it is out so you can plan to join in...George

    ReplyDelete