Friday 1 January 2021

Last Meet of the Year at London VIA Station

VIA 71 to the left arrived first and I get a shot looking over the fence. Kind of a lucky shot as I just held my camera over my head. The ground were I am standing at a gateway is higher.

I visited the VIA station in London, Ont. yesterday to see what all the scaffolding was about. I had not been by the station since earlier in the year till Wednesday. I decided to make my visit correspond with the time of #71 and #72 that normally meet here. I also wanted to see how many passengers are traveling these day...George Dutka

This is the view of the station from the tracks which are behind me...and on the other side of the fence. The scaffolding is set up at the front and rear. I noted the side by the lane had missing concrete and windows. I am thinking the interior is getting gutted and remodeled.

Looking at the front of the station building. The CN area dispatchers, operator, crew dispatchers and train master offices were in here decades ago. For many years the CN credit union also was here.

There actually are a lot of passenger on this day, Dec 31, 2020. In years to come we will be able to date our photos by seeing the masks...2020-2021.

The VIA station master awaits the arrival of VIA 71.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you George. Thank you for your continued posts on this blog, they have been of great comfort during these sequestered times. I open it up daily and it is like meeting with an old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken...will keep it going...George

    ReplyDelete