Monday 11 January 2021

January Update

A new car added to the WRD fleet is a Rapido boxcar that has been weathered mainly with AK pencils. The roof did get a wash of acrylic gray from the dollar store and some highlights with PanPastel gray.

I have been doing some modeling but not as much as in past winters. I have though been out railfanning a lot more than years past. Here are some photos that don't fit into any of my posts that are coming up and a couple that are...leaving it to you to figure out which ones go were...George Dutka 

When time permits my friend Brian Smith does a coffee run (Tim's run here in Canada) for the OSR crew when they arrive in St. Thomas. His better half Laura took the photo.

Now that Hindsight 20/20 is over here are a couple photos of two layouts included in the days events. We first have Bill Badger operating a B&M train on Jim Dufour's layout during 2015. One can see Jim's stonework next to Bill.

This view is how Neil Schofield round barn scene looked when I visited back in June 2019. The round disk is the barn mock-up.

My farm scene will have this large shed planted by the farmhouse. It is scratch-built with wood walls and styrene roofing. The casting are from BEST.

It is a nice sunny day and I was taking a tour to both the CN and CP yards. Here I am at the CN yard, east end in London, Ontario, Dec 7, 2020.

I hung three of my WRD signs out on the back fence yesterday to rust up over the winter. Hopefully they will look like the flower by spring. The other signs I will be painting.

I am presenting a weathering clinic twice shortly for the NMRA's WOD and SLR divisions. If you are a member or not check their websites or contact the superintendents for ZOOM log on details. WOD clinic will be February and SLR in March. I guess I best get preparing the clinic soon. This car was assembled using one of Ryan Mendell's mini-kits.

Its January 8 2021 and I called Peter Mumby the night before to meet in Komoka for a bit as it was to be sunny and we had not caught up since before Christmas. As it turned out there was no sun and our visit was really short due to the extreme cold...at least to us old guys. Peter did have a commitment shortly afterwards anyhow. We had a social distance visit and exchange magazines and models. I did hang around a bit longer and caught VIA 71 at Komoka. The station once sat across this crossing.

As I arrived at Komoka on January 8, 2021 I could see Peter heading to another crossing...he missed train 148. I barely got this shot as I had to quickly bail out of my car. I think I am getting to old for these quick moves. Note the engine numbers...they are the 11's, 5711 and 2511.

No comments:

Post a Comment