Monday 15 November 2021

Weathering Wheels

Everything needed to color my wheel faces are seen here.

So how do I color my steel wheels. It actually is very easy I use any brush that works for painting the wheel faces. Testors smaller brush works really well for me. I use dollar store cinnamon brown to coat my wheels. On the wheels seen here I only painted the faces but on occasion I also paint the backs and axles. Once dry I use either light rust, dark rust or soot, sometimes a variation of all three Bragdon powders. That's it...George Dutka

The paint goes on really quickly. I do a bunch at one time. These are all for my Brookside milk cars.

Once the paint is dry I use whatever one of these 4 shades of Bragdon powders appeal to me at the moment. I don't want any two cars exactly the same. A really light coat of powders are applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment