Saturday 14 January 2023

CN Hopper - Rapido Model

The completed model set for service.

I recently finished weathering one of the newer offering by Rapido. The CN hopper received some chalk marks using Micro Scale Decals 87-1522. There is some neat old time graffiti on the sheet. Wheels are painted acrylic cinnamon brown followed by some Bragdon Powder.  The couplers are painted a mix of MIG rust and brown oxide primer. MIG silver on hose bag tips. This car is one of the more lightly weathered cars on the WRD...George Dutka  

Most of the weathering on this car was done using three PanPastel tones, Blender, Raw Umber Shade and Paynes Gray Extra Dark. I kept the weathering lighter than normal as I don't want all my hoppers to be totally worn out looking.

The model gets some extra Paynes extra dark on the ribs.

I went light on the weathering inside the hopper although most of the prototype cars were well worn.

Most of the car was given a light coat of PanPastel raw umber shade. Down the center of the panels I ran a light coat of PanPastel blender to fade the coloring a bit.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment