Sunday 9 December 2012

Pine Tree Models

A few of the trees  by Grand Central Gems are seen around Don Janes cabin on the newly finished section of the Green Mountain Division.
Great looking ready to plant trees
While on the Hamilton layout tour this fall Don and I stopped  in at a hobby shop, Just Train Crazy located in Beamsville, Ont. Don found a nice display of pine and spruce trees by Grand Central Gems www.grandcentralgems.com  For a package of 20 pine trees 4-5 inches high the price works out to about $1.00 per tree. Don purchased the 295- T1 20 piece 4-5 inch pines for $20.00. Don liked them so much once added to his layout he ordered two more packages, one spruce and one pine. I took a close look at these trees when I was over last Wednesday. I think they look great. I will pick some up the next time I am in Beamsville. As seen in the photo Don used a few pine trees just around his river edge cabin. The Grand Central trees are the taller ones. Grand Central Gems also offer smaller or larger size trees of the same quality that could work for different scale layouts...George Dutka.

No comments:

Post a Comment