Sunday 17 February 2019

A Barn Refurbished

This was a quick fixer-upper that I did in little over an hour. I was actually working on two rebuilds so no down time waiting for paint and glue to dry.
I recently did a quick refurbishing of a small plastic barn. Another flea market find that has passed through my hands and off to a new layout home...George Dutka

I once again forgot to take a photo of the structure before I got started on it. Here we see Camo Coat olive green on the walls and dark brown on the roof. The whole building was red when I began. You can actually see a bit of the red showing through. My base coats are sprayed on as a light coating which will not hide any detailing.
PanPastel green is brushed on the walls while the roof got Bragdon soot, some light brown and a couple tones of PanPastel grays. I used a micro brush to apply a light rubbing of PanPastel white on the trim.
Signs are added many are copies from my FOS, Bar Mills and RailroadKITS kits signage's.
The back end of the barn has a closed door.
I added some details to the doorways that are open at the front. The red barrel is one from a package of Campbell's that Jim Sloan gave me back in the fall. They are all going to good use Jim...some of the others are being added to my fishing shack structure.
The wall boards are weathered and worn looking making this a nice little plastic kit to refurbish.
A BEST pigeon is added to the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment