Monday 8 June 2020

June 2020 - Update

The White River Division is changing. This type of scene is now gone. I am about to install a new station here with interior lighting and a order board with a working light. I am also adding lighting to the new mill. Scenic swaps will take a bit more effort with wires and unplugging required.
Beginning tomorrow for the next week all the posts with focus on modeling the White River Division. I still have a few scenes to show you that were redone during the winter. I do have a few posts covering other topics plus Peter has one post ready to go. We will get back to all the usual topics shortly...enjoy...George Dutka

John Nehrich's NEB&W Historical, Technical & Model Railroading


This was how my workbench looked the last day of May. I have a lot of projects on the go normally, but this might be the messiest it has been in a long time. There are four projects seen here, a new station, CPR brass caboose repaint, GT boom car and a CNR National Scale Car kit-bash. Some parts are also laying around for another back alley structure that will be built from bits and pieces leftover from past builds.
One of the modelers in our area group turned 80 on Saturday. Dick Walker had a drive by at his home just outside of London, Ont. Dick models the CPR in the steam era around Woodstock, Ont., a really nice layout. That is my wife and I in the PT Cruiser with Dick and his wife in the background...the photo was taken by Peter Mumby.
This is an unlikely site, a CN and CP caboose coupled up together. The photo was taken by Gord Taylor and given to my last week by Peter Mumby. There was no data on the print but neat to see. With the string of CN hoppers and CN boxcar in the far corner, I am thinking it is in a CN yard.
Another Gord Taylor photo Peter passed along has no data but I do recall seeing these engines in the CP yard here in London, Ont. years ago.
OSR arriving in the CP yard Woodstock on June 24, 2019. I had just finished a WOD executive meeting at Tim's and arrived just in time to catch a bit of the F's working the interchange.
With my layout redo well underway this scene is now a thing of the past.The structure in the foreground is now on my friend Brian Smith's layout.
This coal facilities was once in Mechancville, NY. This was covered in a post on John Nehrich's NEB&W Facebook page.
I posted a photo of a B&M car that I though might be a pulpwood car. John Nehrich has just posted about modeling this car with a few prototype photos including this photo...you might want to check it out. Link is included above.

No comments:

Post a Comment