Tuesday 23 June 2020

Late June - This and That

CV 8027 a Bachmann Alco offering peeks out from behind the local general store.
Another mix of topics that I thought one may like to see. On my workbench I am just finishing off a brass CPR caboose while my two National Scale Car models are waiting windows and a CN photo for final detailing. A BarMills kit is well along and another scrapbox structure is almost completed for the back alley scene...George Dutka

A nicely weathered gondola that I picked up already done at Railroad City Hobbies in St. Thomas. Jeff has a large collection of well detailed rolling stock for sale from an estate. One reason for picking up this car for my contemporary fleet is to possibly copy the weathering onto my other models.
A look inside. I love how it was done.
I met up with Peter Mumby last Wednesday at Frank Rd to get an overhead shot from the Frank Rd. "A" frame wooden overhead bridge. I had not been here in years and found it well overgrown. The CP mainline is also in view from this location but there is a lot of growth now. I did not have a lot of time for this shot as the train showed up just as I pulled my car over.
If you remember in last weeks Throwback Thursday Peter talked about SD90MAC units rebuilt by Progress Rail into 7000-series SD70ACu. Well here is one of the newest leading the way, 7053. The heritage unit is 7019.
I mentioned to Brian Smith that I have used Dollarama lettering for signs. He went out and got a set and added them to this structure. Hey Jim seems you have a fan in St. Thomas.
I am working on another building flat for my back alley diorama. I used this arrow and lettering from Dollarama to make the sign.
The lettering is weathered up. I shortened the arrow.
Brian Smith gave me this package of utility poles to work on for my layout...will see how they turn out shortly.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see others doing Dollar Store modelling!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric I also like using their paints...George

    ReplyDelete