Tuesday 9 June 2020

Visit to Sarnia - A Mini RPM Meet?

That's Jim on the left and Don on the right. Jim's show and tell is on the hood of his car.
I e-mailed Don Janes and Jim Sloan on Sunday that I would be following the CN line to Sarnia on Monday morning and did they want to meet up with me at the VIA station around noon. They both agreed so a small get together was in hand. I arrived first followed by Don then Jim. A local switcher had just left around the Wye and out the branch. A through freight was lined up past the station and through the tunnel. While we waited for the train to appear it was nice to catch up with both these great modelers. Jim actually brought along a model for us to see. I guess Don and I should have also...it would have been like a mini RPM meet. It was nice to get together and maybe we will do it once again later this summer. For sure next time I will bring a few models. With a new limit of groups being 10, maybe a few more friends will join us...George Dutka

Jim's nicely weathered engine for his home road.
Jim and Don discuss what was done to the model.
A CN WB appears by the station heading towards the tunnel.
Not long after the tunnel run this train arrived doubling into the yard.
The Lambton Diesel Specialties shop area included this Esso ex-CN switcher. Jim mentioned it has been there for some time now.
On my way to Sarnia I only came across one train, none on the way home. Most of the action we saw at Sarnia. This EB train is at Brigden Rd. near Sarnia. The first half of the train was empty frame flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment