Friday 12 June 2020

Barbed Wire Fencing on the WRD

The roadway to the mill is lined with barbed wire fencing. The spur line is on the other side of the fence.
During my re-do I decided to add some brass etched barbed wire fencing that Don and I purchased at a train show a few years ago. It looks really good and I think there will be more fencing found along the line shortly. By the time I got this post ready there are five locations that one can get caught up in barbs...George Dutka

Scale Link Company barbed wire is a UK product made in brass for HO and O scales. My posts are made from BBQ skewers. They are stained with Hunterline stain and Floquil grime. My posts are 5 foot tall but I noted fencing Lou Sassi made using the same product uses 4 foot posts, although he uses one string of wire and a layer of stone at the base.. The wire is painted with brown and rust Floquil paint.
In this photo one can see that I overlapped the middle wire a bit. It looked OK here but not once it was installed and photographed. It came back to the bench for a proper fit. I now butt the wires on the posts the best I can.
More barbed wire along the main at Crosby coal for a total of four lengths of barbed wire.
From the photo above the wire swings into the scene and ends at the hill were a downed post ends the fencing.



No comments:

Post a Comment