Tuesday 20 April 2021

Snapshot - April 2021

On the Strathroy sub CN 148 EB approaches Komoka, Ontario on April 8, 2021. This is a telephoto of the head end but the view I was after is below. The sun is on the nose and other side of the train.

This months Snapshot is photos I took from the other side of the tracks (not the sunny side). If the angle is that one is not looking directly into the sun the shots seem to turn out well. In these views there is a good amount of sun on the nose of the engines which I feel helps make the view...George Dutka 

I always wanted to take a shot here from this side of the tracks but was waiting for an overcast day maybe in the winter when the snow from the train would be shooting back from the plow and wheels. But instead anytime I have seen a train here I went for the sunny side view across a field on the other side of the tracks. I like the looks of the farmers roadway, the fence and the crossing sign which is something modelers should consider adding to a scene.

I took this shot at the CN-CP diamond from the shady side. This field usually has a good amount of cows in it...actually there was about 5 here till they heard the train coming...I was down to one. The sun is once again on the nose making for another interesting view from the crossing with maybe a cow and the barn in the background.

Close-up of the view above, April 10, 2021.

Once again I found CN148 approaching Komoka on April 17, 2021. The sun was in and out of the clouds...more clouds than sun but it was out for this view.

I actually was late arriving here and could not cross the tracks even if I wanted a shot from the other side...the gates were already down.

No comments:

Post a Comment