Thursday 8 April 2021

Throwback Thursday - Exotic Power?

WC 6508 and 6532 pose at Green Bay WI on July 05, 1998.  Both are ex-Burlington Northern units.

By Peter Mumby.

Today's two photos were taken in early July of 1998 during a visit to Green Bay, Wisconsin.  At the time I considered SD45s to be somewhat exotic power.  I guess this was because none of the railways close to my home rostered any examples of this model.  Little did I know at the time that, at little over three years later, CN would acquire the Wisconsin Central and these units would start rolling through Southwestern Ontario.  In my experience, however, CN operated them as trailing locomotives, so it was nice to be able to capture them in Green Bay as leaders.

WC 6596 leads a unit coal train past the Green Bay station.  This locomotive had been ATSF 5406 in a previous life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment