Tuesday 10 August 2021

August Update

Don Janes father turned 100 this month. He is also a retired CN engineman. The three guys standing behind Frank Janes are from left to right Jim Houston, Bill Baaschers and of course Don Janes all engineman that Frank trained. There is at least 130 years of service between the 4 but what I found interesting is CN has paid out over 100 years of pension to these guys, and I think there is a lot more coming to them. Aug 2, 2021

To begin it looks like a lot of events are starting up in the US. I see they have just announced the Coco Beach RPM meet for January. I hope things keep going in the right direction regarding Covid. I have not been downstairs modeling much this summer but have been out and about railfanning a good amount...George Dutka

Last week Peter Mumby and I got together for a morning of railfanning. We only caught three trains that day. This is VIA 71 passing us on Aug 3, 2021. I cropped this photo to highlight Peter in the scene. We will not be getting anymore railfanning together in this month. Peter is now away for most of August at the lake.

I recently dug into my stock of flea market finds from decades ago. This one was a wooden reefer that is being converted into a Pennsylvania boxcar. A Train Miniatures door is being used on this model.

I have been doing some testing with MIG paints. I was mixing these two colors to see if I can come up with a boxcar red. I got close at 50-50 mixing but still needs a bit of work.What I found neat with these MIG paints is they include ball bearing stirring balls.
Peter and I also saw a EB CP freight approaching London. We normally only see WB freights in the morning. Aug. 3, 2021
I took this photo at Guelph Jct. of a CP truck at their office there. What I found interesting is the rental markings on the tailgate. Oct. 1, 2017.

FOS Lucky Seven is on the go. I am using all MIG products on this structure.

All the wall are together but a lot more needs to be completed...more on this one later.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff, thanks for continuing the updates. I am wondering if you would consider adding my blog to your bloglist, I'm at: northcountrytrains.wordpress.com
    I've been following WRD for quite some time now, but I never had a "blogger" account so I was never able to comment.

    Harrison Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harrison:
    I just added your blog to my sidebar...welcome aboard...George

    ReplyDelete