Saturday 28 August 2021

New England Power in Ontario

A CNR WB is seen passing through Port Hope, Ontario which a New England consist leading the way during 1966. John Vincent photo

I was going through my CV files the other day when I came across this view. I may have posted this photo before but I think it is worth covering once again.

Bruce Douglas sent me this view of a trio of New England power handling a westbound train at Port Hope during November 1966. Although the photo is not that clear it sure is neat to see. The power is CV 4927 leading followed by GT 4450 and a DW&P RS-11 now assigned to the CV...and all in the classic green and gold.

So you see one does not need to model New England to add these CV, GT and DW&P engines to your roster as seen in this view...George Dutka 


2 comments:

  1. Hi George,

    One of my favorite finds was a CP RS-18u with an Angus van working the municipal pier along the Delaware River in South Philadelphia PA. Street running along Columbus Blvd included! It seems that when CP acquired the D&H, it included trackage rights into Philadelphia. Just goes to reinforce the notion that there is a prototype for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Tom...interesting...George

    ReplyDelete