Tuesday 9 August 2022

August "This and That"

BEST has a new offering if you model a early era. Looks like a neat looking model. Could this be a good start to model Brookside creamery milk cars although the under-body would need extensive changes.
A little current news and a few photos from the past that I thought I would share with you this month.

I have been doing a bit more modeling in July that in the past months. I hope to get my act together and show you some of what I have done...keep checking back...George Dutka

This is a scene on John Blatherwick's layout of Swanton, Vermont. One can distinguish the mill once located there in the background. Ed Freeman sent me some photos taken of John's layout prior to it being torn down. I always enjoyed viewing John's Brattle-Falls which was a combination of Bellows Falls and Brattleboro in one scene.

If one knows the Frank Lane area just west of London you will enjoy this photo. Today the area is so overgrown it is hard to get good views. VIA MLW 3150 with Tempo equiment WB approaching the bridge on March 6, 1976. My friend Bruce Douglas passed along this photo taken by local railfan John Allen. I see John trackside a lot since covid as we seem to like the same areas west of London. We also trade views on line.

The last times I was at a train show was just before covid. In this view I am working the WOD-NFR craftsman corner at the Paris Ontario train show in January 2020. Peter Mumby photo.

Peter catches me once again working at the last show I attended in March 2020 which was the Kitchener train show. I miss taking in these event. Will see what this fall brings.

If one is familiar with Goderich, Ontario you know the story of this load. At Goderich Champion graders where built in a plant located beside the yard. Graders were then loaded and shipped from there on a regular basis on flats. This was a CN yard at one time but by the time this photo was taken in 1992 it was Goderich and Exeter territory (GEXR)

No comments:

Post a Comment