|The CN heritage of RaiLink Southern Ontario 1285 is only slightly veiled by its partial repaint. The SW1200RS was sitting in the yard at Brantford on August 17, 1999|
Southern Ontario Railway, headquartered in Hamilton, was established in 1998 under the auspices of RaiLink Canada. Its primary function was to operate the CN Hagersville Subdivision between Brantford and Nanticoke. Yard work in Hamilton and Brantford was also taken on, and SOR power was sometimes seen on CN's Dundas Subdivision between Brantford and Paris Junction. RaiLink Canada was acquired by RailAmerica in 1999, and ownership subsequently was passed on to Genesee and Wyoming in 2012. In 2018 CN took back operation of the Hagersville Sub and Hamilton yard, causing G&W to retreat from the area.
Post a Comment