Friday 14 October 2022

On the Way to CVRHS Convention 2010

A stop at Swanton was good timing as the CN SB from Montreal passed by while we checked out the Swanton station museum which is now near the area were the ST. J engine house once stood. You can see the pits still in the ground. There was a good group of guys here also catching the action...all here to attend the CVRHS convention. October 1, 2010

I was going through some of my views looking for something to keep posts going since I have had very little time for modeling lately. I looked at a trip Don Janes and I took to St. Albans for 2010 CVRHS convention. We actually met up with Alan Irwin as he graciously offered us the use of his lakeside cabin. It was a nice trip and great convention...George Dutka  

Don took a photos of me out front of Alan's camp.

The Friday evening prior to the convention Don took this view of me taking a low down shot of the CN power that had just brought a train down from Montreal on Oct. 1 2010.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry, where is the "ST. J engine house"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geof
    The location of were the St. J enginehouse once stood is across the road from the railroad covered bridge that is now gone too. This was all just south of the Swanton, Vermont CV-St. J station location. The station was moved to the enginehouse location a number of years ago and is now a museum. There are photos located around the site which helps one visualize the site. I remember there being a caboose on display at the site too...George

    ReplyDelete