Thursday 13 July 2023

July 2023 - This and That

The three B&M covered hoppers are completed. Here we see them beginning to cross the White River on the WRD. More on these cars shortly.
Todays post has topics that may not fit into my regular line of posts and those I might not get to posting about for a bit. 

I had mentioned I was off to the northern area of Vermont back on July 9th. As it turned out I did not make it all the way there due to the amount of rain hitting the state. When I woke up in Cornwall I checked the weather and news. To my surprise the state was a mess. Oh well I have been waiting 10 years to visit this area once again, another little while will not hurt....George Dutka

I picked up this built water tank recently which is made from I believe aluminum. I plan on modeling it after ones found on the GTW. There were many that looked similar. Actually at Durand there was at least two of these near the station at one time. They had a large GT logo attached to the tank. 

I had mentioned this kit in last weeks post as being a Walthers kit. Ted Culotta corrected me after some research. Thanks Ted as I do want to purchase another one. It is Grandt Line kit #5908, raised platform warehouse. The prototype is an elevated Conoco/Texaco facility found in Placerville, CA. 

VIA 64 EB arrives at Brockville mid afternoon running late. I had just photographed the Ottawa EB less than 20 minutes earlier from the platform so I decided to catch this one from the overhead bridge. July 9, 2023.

While on the overpass I had not realized that a train from Ottawa was waiting for VIA 64 to clear the station. The WB did not stop at the station. I caught 6 trains at Brockville in less than two hours. It can be a busy place. 5 are passenger trains with two not stopping.

I had never seen this style of sign on CP before. I was at the VIA Cobourg station when I noticed this sign behind me. The CP runs behind the VIA parking lot. CP once had a station across the track from the VIA-CN station. July 10 2023.
VIA WB #63 arrives at Coburg on July 10 2023 on Track 1. To get to track 2 and 3 one needs to use the overpass. I spent some time in there catching the prior train. It was hot out and the air conditioning in there was nice. The station agent was very nice and informative. She pointed out that Friday afternoon and evening is the time to be here as the local railfans gather here year round. This time of year BBQ is the second main event.

The creamery roof is getting some extra coloring around the vents. I spray bombed the steel tone on my cardstock prior to applying it by brush.

A three package of ITLA small rooftop water tanks are actually simple to build. I used one on the boiler house portion of the creamery complex I am building.

No comments:

Post a Comment