Thursday 16 July 2015

Ex-CV - Amherst, Mass. Station

Looking south towards the station from the parking lot. I noted that Railroad Street is now dead end at the station.
Last fall I stopped by the Amherst, Mass. Amtrak station at 13 Railroad Street. As it turns out I missed the Vermonter by a few minutes. I did have my wife in tow and the reason for being in town was a stop at Trader Joes and Target a short distance away. I had not been by this old Central Vermont Ry. station since the CVRHS convention back in Oct. 1999. A few years ago I acquired a laser wooden kit for this station and I wanted to have a few detailed photos to work from...such as the correct brick colouring...now that I have what I need the station might move up the list of to-do kits even though I don't actually have a location in mind on my layout. I always liked the look of this station and it might be nice to have it as a diorama...George Dutka

Looking north.
Window, door and brick details are clearly seen in this view.
The station as it looked on my visit last fall. Oct. 14, 2014

The colouring of the bricks is seen well here. It appears some work has been done to the brickwork over the years.



No comments:

Post a Comment