Monday 20 February 2023

February 2023 - This and That

Another great view of Ships Island in Goderich harbour. This time we are looking west. I had posted a few views awhile back of this location which would make a great diorama. Photo from Bruce Douglas.

Just a few things that don't fit into any category that I have been working on. A mix of prototype and modeling inspiration...George Dutka  

This is Donut Dip a great place to get a donut in West Springfield, Mass. I was just getting my morning coffee and apple fritter for my drive home at about 630am. I think this structure could make a great model...it has a retro look to it too.

Looking west from Highbury Ave. in London, Ont. before the overpass went in over the east end of the CN yard. The date it 1952. The train is on the main line while the track on the left is the yard lead called the south. It was always funny when working the yard that we had to go north from the yard to get to the south. The main line was between the south and north sidings with them just going by the short one word name.

I really like the looks of this FOS offering which is from their kit of the month club. Too bad us in Canada can't get these models. 
Here we have a view on Kevin Smith's layout of his B&M switcher handling a cut of cars.


I showed you the front of the Westboro section house last month. Here is the side and rear of the structure.

Jim Sloan had this two page photo published in MR Trackside Photos, March 2023. Congratulations Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment