Monday 13 February 2023

Inspired!

Cut and paste works well to decide if a structure will work on a layout before construction begins. Kevin Smith photos
Kevin Smith sent me a few photos of a gas station he was inspired to build after seeing the Texaco station in Fridays post...George Dutka 

"Thank you, yet again for sparking an idea for my pike. I'd been trying to figure something for a small, empty lot next to the depot remains. Some kind of gas station/service garage/shop structure that has seen better days.

Your recent blog post with Peter's submission of Robin Long's photo of the semi-neglected Texaco station got the juices flowing. I photocopied the walls of a Pikestuff garage-machine shop kit, stuck them to cardboard and mocked up a short version. I do this with all my kitbashing ideas to see how they will work out before cutting plastic...Kevin Smith."




No comments:

Post a Comment