Tuesday 21 February 2023

Prototype Corner - Call to Action

MMA 23537 was rolling in to Quebec St yard on March 19/21

By Peter Mumby.  
Quite often an advertisement appears in Railfan & Railroad magazine under the heading "Call to Action."  This ad states "Thousands of railcars including both new and historic fallen flags have been vandalized with graffiti over the past decade.  Help stop this crime.  Report any suspicious trespassing to the railroad or local police."  It goes on to list contact numbers for the top seven class one railroads.  I myself have never observed graffiti "artists" at work, so I have never been in a situation  where I would consider making such a call.  By showing you today's photos I am in no way condoning the work of these taggers.  As a railfan photographer I am merely recording what I observe and, love it or loathe it, graffiti has become a large part of today's railway scene.  Anyone modelling the time period from the mid-90s until the present has to give some serious consideration as to how much of this "artwork" should be included on his or her layout.  Both of the cars presented here today were photographed on CP trains passing through London, Ont. during March 2021.  By the way, if you want the CP contact number, it is 800 716 9132.
TBOX 66801 put in an appearance on March 22/21

No comments:

Post a Comment