Monday 19 June 2023

Delray Tower Update

A quick update to the Delray tower is a downspout and two way radio antenna.
It is good to get comments on ones work following a post. I had not noticed that the kit did not come with any sort of downspout to get the rain off the flat roof. Most models don't include eaves and downspouts but are a nice thing to add. I realized after a comment regarding downspouts it could be very easily installed. So here it is. I added the downspout to the rear wall. I probably should have added a second one but with all the other details on the model it would be in the way.  

At the same time I thought I should add an antenna up top as that was the old way signals were sent. I had a FOS model detail set that had a few different types of antennas, mostly for TV's. This one looked like something one might find up there at one time. An easy addition. So two more details on the tower which took me no time at all...George Dutka

A close-up look at the roof details. There is some trash up there too.


1 comment:

  1. I love that antenna. Such an unusual detail but certainly a realistic one.

    ReplyDelete