Sunday 11 June 2023

Snapshot - June 2023

The Tillsonburg office/shed appears to have new metal roof and siding or it has been repainted since I last visited. May 30, 2023. Note the gate and derail. This once was the Cayuga Sub. main line with track speeds up to 60 mph. Today it has become a spur with some extremely slow speeds, gates and derails to deal with.
A visit to GEO in Tillsonburg did not tell Don Janes and I the whole story about this short line. The current issue of Don McQueen's Tempo Jr. filled me in better. It appears that GEO is looking at leasing a second engine which is in Sarnia Lambton shops at the moment. The engine in question is LDSX 7224 which is of CN heritage. They also have a active customer east of Tillsonburg which makes railroad ties which are shipped to Quebec for processing. 

GEO operates from Courtland in the east to St. Thomas in the West and connection with CN and OSR. OSR also runs into Tillsonburg and may interchange with GEO there also. One of my modeling friends that live in St. Thomas recently told me he has seen GEO in town the past two Fridays. This past Friday June 10, 2023 I was in Tillsonburg and the engine was gone from the shop area. I did not see it along the way from St. Thomas. So it looks like Friday's might be a good guess to chase this train if you are in town early enough. I also noted most GEO sidings and the yard in Tillsonburg are full of stored tank cars. 

Next week I plan on posting on some of my rolling stock that I did some work to and also a few of my modeling friends rolling stock projects...see you tomorrow...George Dutka  

On my visit to Don Janes I stopped by the Sarnia VIA station where one can catch a glimpse of the Lambton Shop track. Using my telephoto lens I could get a part shot of the GIO engine on May 8 2023.


No comments:

Post a Comment