Friday 9 June 2023

Delray Tower - ITLA Kit

On my small diorama that I use for photographing I placed the tower, and Monster Modelworks building flat together which work well. I thought the tower was a bit on the small size when I was building it but it appears to fit in well. I am looking at building a small modern era yard scene and this tower will be included.

Here are a few views of my recently completed ITLA tower kit. It is a bit smaller than one would expect but it works well in any yard location...George Dutka  

The stairway was a tough build. I decided to glue the side railings and the top platform together, then attach it to the wall. I then added the stairs which worked better for me.

Although the tower is fashoined after the Pelton tower in Windsor I built it with the Delray GTW tower in mind. It is not identical to any GTW towers but by adding the signage and the brick coloring I saw on the towers it passes well as what one sees on the GTW.

The white on the windows if MIG coloring. I added paper bag blinds inside. Some ground foam is attached to the building making it work better when dropped into a scene. The gray is acrylic craft paint. There is a good dose of PanPastels applied also to the gray and brickwork.


2 comments:

  1. It does look small, but it appears close in size to the always popular Atlas switch tower. It just lack the large pointed roof found in that kit. Though I do have to wonder how rain gets off the roof of your model above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes your right about the rain. There is no downspouts included in the kit. I guess one needs to think about that and add them from ones scrap box...back to the workbench for that kit...thanks...George

    ReplyDelete