Saturday 30 December 2017

December 2017 - Update



Here is a group of nicely weathered covered hoppers I picked up this fall. I will give you a closer look shortly.
With 2017 all but over I thought I would give you a peek at what I have planned for 2018. I do have a lot of topics to cover some dating back a  little bit....so check back from time to time...George Dutka

I have my New Haven station finished. A closer look at what I did will follow shortly.

The past few years Peter and I have been working off and on (more off) to complete our N scale modules. A big push this fall found mine completed. More on this shortly.

Another Athearn boxcar turned into an on-line shed. All the details are glued to the shed. This one was built for Brian Smith. I visited Brian this week and photographed his layout...more on Brian's layout also in the New Year.
I modeled both sides of the shed differently so Brian can choose a side. This side has the freight door open with details found inside the door.

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you fellows much continued success and enjoyable blogging in 2018. It's always great to click on Trackside Treasure's sidebar and see what you're up to.
    Happy New Year!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric:
      I always keep an eye on Trackside Treasure's also...George

      Delete
  2. George, There is a CV St Albans coaling tower in n-scale for sale on E-bay, JOHN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although the N scale photo has a NH budd car (which is up for sale currently, but if it does not sell I might paint it CN) the layout is kind of based on the CN-CP in Ontario...George

      Delete
  3. Wow. I sure like that CP cylindrical hopper. It looks awesome.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim:
      I got that hopper from Chris Wright back at the Kitchener train show. I believe it was done with a wash of real rust in a liquid form...one of my favorite cars from the fall shows...George

      Delete