Friday 28 May 2021

O.V.Hooker - Calling it Done

CV 4551 is just pulling down to the south end of Waterbury Yard to do some switching. The hopper will be spotted at the coal dealer in the background.

 A New Scene For Waterbury....by Don Janes

     A few weeks ago I shared some photos of the O.V. Hooker structure I built for my Waterbury, Vt. scene.  At that time I had just finished the structure and placed it in the layout.  Over the last  couple of weeks I worked on finishing the surrounding scenery and adding some more details.  I think I can just about call the scene finished.  You will note I said just about since we all know there are always a few more details that one can add to "finish" a scene.  
     This was a very challenging kit to build but I thoroughly enjoyed the build.  I have always loved building SRMW kits but unfortunately this is the last one I had to build and since Bob retired a few years ago there will be no more new ones so if I want to get another I will have to look around at sites such as eBay to see if I can find another one.  At this point I don't really have any more room for any more large structures unless I pull an existing building out and add a new one. I did add an old auto repair shop at the end of the road to add a little more interest.  I believe it is a modified Pikestuff kit i did years ago. 
     So, here are a few photos of the finished structure placed into the layout.   

I added a small drainage ditch between the road and the tracks.


A few shots of the structure. 

This small auto repair shop is where all the locals go to get their vehicles fixed

One final shot of 4551 working at Waterbury

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff there Don.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. The roof on the brick building is especially nice. By the way, did the owner of the garage walk there or is his car parked inside? I assume vehicles are one of those details yet to add.

    Galen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Galen. Yes, I still need to add a couple of vehicles to the scene. I took on a Sunday when there was nobody around so the owner uses the garage to park his truck.

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful scene! That building has a real presence! You did a great job, feels like New England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Matthieu. I appreciate the kind words....Don

      Delete