Saturday 29 May 2021

Weathering and Painting

I really like using these tones of Anita's acrylic paints on my structures. They are a great value which I purchased at Hobby Lobby in Pt. Huron, Michigan a few years ago. They are a great deal when on sale for way under a dollar a bottle. From left to right they are charcoal, woodsy smoke, bark brown, rusty red, earth brown and rainy day gray.

A few views of some of the paints and powders I use on my models. I am trying to stay away from the smelly stuff as much as possible...George Dutka  

If one is going to only purchase one weathering powder product this four pack of Bragdon powders is the one to consider. I think I have shown you this before but it is my go-to weathering. I can't remember a project that this plastic box has not been on the workbench for. Oh that is the front section of the BarMills building flat.

Dollarama located here in Ontario has a nice line of large bottles of Acylic paint for a dollar. These are my go-to bottles.


2 comments:

  1. I use these paints as well. My wife has quite a stock of them bought years ago for her tole painting pursuits and they have lasted quite well. The only problem I have had with the is using CDS Transfers. The paint is thick and doesn't bond well the car side and comes up with the transfer. I am going to hobby-painted cars with water decals and I think I'll have better luck.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric:
    Interesting I have yet to use these to paint my rolling stock...George

    ReplyDelete