Sunday 27 June 2021

June Update

On June 18, 2021 I traveled to Sarnia to meet up with Don Janes. We had a nice conversation on his front porch. I actually was there to purchase his Canon camera which is an upgrade to mine. He is going for a newer version. Departing Don's I stopped by the Sarnia station just in time to catch CN eb 274 passing the station.

Not a lot of modeling has been done this spring although I do have a lot of winter projects to still cover on this blog. I hope to get to some upgrades on the layout such as the Bellows Crossing diamond. I put an order into Tichy awhile back and now have the parts required to finish off the GT boom car that has been sitting on the corner of my desk for a year now.

I actually have been out more railfanning this year than any other. Here is a bit of this and that to keep you updated on things I found interesting...George Dutka 

Jim Sloan sent me this neat sign he sized for using on a layout. Might be something you will like to use also.

Kip Grant e-mailed awhile back regarding the post of the auto factory worker that was spray painting without a mask. Here is what he had to say.

"Funny you should wonder when respirators were required in spray booth scenarios.  I just watched a video of Allis Chalmers tractors being manufactured and they were spray painted by guys in respirators and this would have been the late 40’s, maybe 1950.  One guy on each side of an assembly line through a booth and nothing but orange paint being sprayed on just about everything.  The tires and wheels and I think the batteries, gages, and some other sensitive components were not installed yet but everything else had no choice…it was Persian Orange!" Kip

A second hand SP 654734 was seen on CN wb 501 at Komoka on June 22, 2021 after dinner.

Check out the July issue of RMC for this feature on North Conway. Also I noted there was a nice article on the CN Dundas sub in the July Railfan. RMC Facebook Dan Munson photo.

I finally sent an order into Tichy since we still are not having train shows. I needed some windows to finish my GT boom car.

A look at a construction photo. My last structure completed is this FOS kit of the month diner for my back alley scene no. 2.

Kathy Millatt is offering some shirts through her blog. I really got a chuckle out of this one...very creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment