Tuesday 11 April 2023

CV-CN Green and Gold

An Athearn geep and Rapido SW1200 both in CN green differ a bit in colour, but still very close to each other. My options for CN green is seen here with four greens and one gold. When I pulled out all my CV-CN engines in the green tone I realized they all vary a bit in coloring...something I had not noticed in the past. 
Now that both Proto Paint (Rapido) and Scalecoat are no more it is getting hard to custom paint equipment. There are still a few options for CN green and gold. I have been lucky to have some of the older paints left. AMMO by MIG has a new line out called Rail Center. In this line there are a few Canadian colors, but I found the colors are off a bit, but maybe close enough for those of us that weather their engines. The last two shades are MIG military paints that also work. MIG light rust is great for handrails. More on this will be seen in the CVRHS Ambassador and CARM Canadian next issues...George Dutka 

No comments:

Post a Comment