Thursday 20 April 2023

London Car Shops

It is 1938 and some touchup painting is required to a CNR coach. The car shops in London was a busy place. I remember them but never did get inside the complex.
There was a time here in London, Ontario that the CNR had a large car shops which employed a lot of wood craftsman. My wife's grandfather was one that worked there living a couple of blocks away. I actually have his old RR jack that at one time with a 4 by 4 post was holding up the center of her uncles house which was across the street from her grandfather. I got it once they sold the house. I think having the jack holding up the house was not a good thing to promote when selling a home. It actually worked well as you could adjust the floor level when needed...George Dutka        

No comments:

Post a Comment