Saturday 8 April 2023

PennsyGRa Gondola - Westerfield Kit


Dick Walker passed along this view of his most recent project with the following note...George Dutka

"My Pennsy GRa gondola is a Westerfield kits I had  Pierre Oliver assemble and paint for me many years ago. I lettered the model myself. Pierre is the owner of Elgin Car Shops which offer custom model kits. Pierre does not assemble models for customer these days. I remember this style of car going through Woodstock, Ontario on the CPR during my teenage railfanning years. I grew up in Woodstock which is why I  model the CPR in Woodstock and area during the 1950's. 

I didn't weather my model too much, just enough to take the brightness off the white lettering.  With my eyesight (I am over 80), I really appreciated the custom decal set Al Westerfield created for this car.  All the lettering for each section of the car side was separated out, making it easy to cut out and quick to apply...Dick"   

No comments:

Post a Comment