Friday 21 April 2023

Era Swapping

Era swapping is something I do at times. Here we see a big jump from the 1950's. This scene is similar to what is seen today on the prototype.
I wrote an article for MR just over 4 years ago on era swapping on the WRD. I had no idea when it would be published and speaking with others that have sent material in to MR and was accepted have found there is a long wait too.  

I had not seen this years MR Planning available in our area this year. I was wondering if one was produced. So back in March I checked their web site to see if MRP was actually published. To my surprise I saw my name on the site with a link to my article on WRD era swapping. I guess it was published early March on their web page. If I had not checked their web site I would have never known this as MR never contacted me. Anyhow it was nice to see it was used and one can read it on line. If you have an article accepted by MR maybe keep an eye on their web site.

Another surprise was I could go directly to this years MRP and download it to read at a later date without any cost...I am not a member of their site so no log in was required...George Dutka

This scene reflects the 1960's on the WRD.

Its the 1980's and a meet at Bellows Crossing is completed by two trains both handed by MEC equipment.


No comments:

Post a Comment