Monday 7 August 2023

August 2023 - This and That


The ITLA water tower is seen installed on top of the boiler house. The structure also has a trap door to the lower area of the structure. This casting is a RailroadKITS hydrocal item.
I bit of a mix of photos and topics for you to check out once again...George Dutka 

This view of a neat looking sign was found on line by Dave's Decals while he was checking out street views in Arkansas. This could work on any area storefront.

This unit seems to be a cool piece of electronics that one can add to the layout. It has a sensor that as rolling stock passes over there is a variation of wheel squealing sounds. It is offered by Iowa Scaled Engineering. Their site shows them sold out after the St Louis RPM...must be well liked.
 
If you are around the Brantford, Ontario area next weekend you might want to stop in to the model railroad club there for their open house. I also noted that the Burlington, Ontario CNR station museum is also open that day, same times 10am to 3pm and is also worth checking out.

Looks like someone has been busy with this covered hopper. Jan 21 2023 in the CP London, Ont. yard.

I recently finished weathering this Kadee PS-1 boxcar. More on it shortly. I like having one side with an open door with extra details. This CP International of Maine Division boxcar is loaded with Canadian goods on the WRD.

Another look at my weathered B&M Like-Like model. 

2 comments:

  1. The best part of modeling a boxcar with only one door open is that depending on the way you set it on the layout, it does service as two boxcars. Open boxcar doors become too cliche when seen over and over, but a little here and there spice up a train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben
    Actually only one side of the car can be seen at any time on the layout other then the shop track area. If I have it at a loading ramp or frt house the door open looks good. If it is running on a train doors need to be closed so I swing the car around to the closed door side. I don't mind handling my cars by hand at times...although I don't handle my equipment all that often. I maybe have a half dozen cars now with open doors with loads and not all of them are on the layout at any given time. Many of my cars (early resin kits) the doors don't open anyhow. My Accurail cars the doors are also sealed up. I do have a few boxcars with doors open for my modern fleet also...George Dutka

    ReplyDelete