Thursday 31 August 2023

F&C - GTW End Door Boxcar

The roof is getting some weathering over the acrylic gray paint that was applied. I used PanPastel raw umber shade and red iron extra dark. The AK pencil, gun metal is applied along the outside bracing and other metal parts.
I have had this car on the layout for a bit now but thought I would update the weathering a bit. I recently painted the roof gray then apply PanPastel weathering. The running boards are coated with Floquil grime followed by PanPastel raw umber shade. A few placards and AK pencil lines along the bracing and all metal parts take it a bit further. I finished the weathering with PanPastel blender applied very lightly between the outside braces to lighten up the look of the paint...George Dutka

My model before some additional weathering is applied.

Acylic paint is applied to the roof prior to PanPastels.

AK pencil is used to highlight some of the metal parts.

PanPastel blender is applied lightly between the bracing to lighten or fade the boxcar red.

Ready to roll on the WRD.  


No comments:

Post a Comment