Saturday 5 August 2023

CP Express Reefer 5578

 

Dick Walker has the same pocket size digital camera as I use. You can set it down into a scene and get a low down shot like this one. Photo by Dick Walker

Dick Walker sent me a view and what he did to his newest CPR build which looks really good. Read on...George Dutka

by Dick Walker  

This car was a stock Accurail wood reefer kit (another seen on next track), with letter boards and Cal-Scale AB-324 Exp. Reefer detail set added.  Evergreen HO scale 1" x 8" styrene strip makes a neat job of the letter boards.  In my "Spare Parts Department", I found some old Roundhouse passenger trucks that have the correct 7-ft. wheelbase.  I cut off all unneeded parts, leaving only the bolster and sideframes, and substituted metal wheelsets.  I wanted a slightly-weathered look, so I used Floquil Grimy Black and Floquil C460 CPR Maroon (a mixture they marketed briefly, several decades ago).  Black Cat decals and Dullcote spray completed the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment