Saturday 3 February 2018

USRA Comosite Gondola - InterMountain Ry. Co.

The car as it looked when I got home and out of the box. One coupler was missing.
Last fall I picked up this car with the interior laser cut wood inserts installed. I gave this wood a coat of Hunterline creosote and Floquil grime. The sides got some acrylic rust and PanPastels. The car was done in less than a hour...George Dutka

A look inside the car. Some rust is painted on the ends and side. The floor is Hunterline stain and Floquil grime wash. I added some fine limestone and a few scraps of wood.

As one can see I really weathered the car up. I just realized the brake wheel needs to be changed out...looking at photos of ones work really helps out. I may still tone down the rust with an overspray of Floquil grimy black. Under the bright lights on my desk the weathering shows much more than on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment